Thursday, January 20, 2011

January Favorites

These are the people and things I'm currently obsessed with. I may or may not explain why.

Model Freja Beha. She's amazing and while this isn't her most model-y photo, I think it's gorgeous and I want to go to there.


I like to collect hobbies - knitting, sewing, gluing bits of things to other things, playing instruments - you name it, I have dabbled. That's why I couldn't resist Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People by Amy Sedaris. I loved her last book - full of tasty recipes and lots of funny. This book I also love but while she keeps the funny, the book is completely useless, craft-wise. This makes me love it even more.


The photography of Joseph Cartright. It's lush and vibrant and evocative and just.... I don't know. When I'm totally in awe of someone's artworks, I'm usually incapable of explaining just why I love it so much. This is one of many reasons I'm a terrible blogger. Lack of updates, lack of anything interesting to say when I do update, and lack of writing skill are other reasons. Blogging isn't entirely a lost cause, though: I have self-absorption and a compulsive desire to chronicle the minutia of my life going for me.


No one belongs here more than you. Stories by Miranda July. This is probably the third or fourth time I've read the book - it's been around a while - and every time, I find myself in one of her characters. The stories range from melodramatic to achingly sweet and many of them are just silly but man, it moves me every time. Miranda July is most definitely not everyone's cup of tea* but I'm a fan.




Difficult by Uffie. Her name is Uffie. And while I can't always understand the words, the song, it is catchy. And her name is Uffie. I'm not so hot on the video - if you're going to be derivative of the video Michel Gondry did with Kylie Minogue, well.... Do it better than this. This one is kind of boring. The song, though, is good. And did I mention that her name is Uffie? Because it is and that, my friends, is awesome.



*Seriously, though. Google M.J. and if you find some articles about her, read the comments. The absolute loathing this woman inspires is almost Jolie-esque.
I also love Angelina.





No comments:

Post a Comment