Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fun with makeup!

As is completely obvious by now, I've totally given up on the 30 x 30. Like Dance, Dance Revolution always tells me, I am FAILURE. I'll try it again, next time round, but this time was a bust. I made it about halfway through and just tanked.
Taking pictures of myself is hard! Crappiest excuse ever, especially from someone who claims to be a photographer but really! It's hard!! Next time, no excuses..... I'm gonna do it. Lots of photos, every day. Starring me, myself, and I. And my dog and sometimes my cat.
I did learn some valuable lessons about remixing, though. A skirt I've had for years, never worn, and have picked out of my Get Rid Of Pile on a pretty regular basis has finally worked it's way back into my regular wardrobe. Thanks to the 30 x 30 (it wasn't on the list), I saw it with shiny new outfitting eyeballs and immediately worked out a few different ways to wear it. Yay for me!

So the real reason I'm blogging is because I've fallen in love and want to share it with the world. Or at least the very few of you who may accidentally stumble onto this blog and have slogged through that entire first part. Hello! I love me some makeup but I don't vary my look as much as I'd like to. When I gussy up I stick to, and am very happy with, a smokey eye, lots of eyeliner sort of thing. Change is fun and when I saw this at Sephora, I thought I'd give it a whirl. After all, a girl can't do the smokey-eye-thing ALL the time. I like the natural look but I don't want to come by it naturally. The Too Faced Naked Eye makeup set seemed like the perfect answer. It's got all the colors I'd need, a brush, and instructions for three different looks. What could possibly go wrong? Anwer: NOTHING! It's brilliant, I've tried all three looks and I'm thrilled to death with the new(ish) me. The pigment is solid and stays true (I used to have constant issues with my eyeshadow creasing until I discovered Almays Bright Eyes - great stuff. Covers up the permanent dark circles I have under my eyes and keeps the eyeshadow in place)
So, you know..... If anyone's looking to try a sexy, naked eye and has no idea how to go about it, this is the stuff.
I have no real reason for this post except that when I love a thing, I want everyone else to love it to and Too Faced Naked Eye, I love you. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment