Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 5

Today was a long day, work, drinks with some girlfriends, grocery shopping, and making a tasty dinner for me and the guy. By the time I got home with the groceries, it was too dark to take pictures outside and my apartment is too small to use my favorite lens and get a full-body shot. Instead, I've got these grainy, discolored and slightly-out-of-focus pictures featuring my Wall Of Art and the computer monitor I need to replace. Hooray!

I've got on my red tube dress (19), brown velvet military-style jacket (22), and brown riding boots (29). I love those riding boots. I found them on Ebay for a cool 75 dollars and I've worn them constantly since they arrived. They're the perfect go-with-anything boot but my affection for them is starting to tell: They need to be resoled and I'm not sure what to do about the peeling on the toes. Anybody have any suggestions?
I wore a wide brown belt I found in a bag full of giveaways and because the top of the dress is fairly complex, what with the buttons and the pleats, a simple pendant. A necklace any more ornate would have been a Whole Lot Of Look Up Top, I think.
That being said, I'm jealous of the girls who can pile on fifty necklaces or a hundred bracelets and look fantastic. I never quite figured out the trick to that. Every time I try, I look like an escaped Christmas tree.

4 comments:

  1. For some reason whenever I wear red I think I have to accent it with black but it looks seriously awesome with the brown boots and belt. I'm loving it!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that, too - about the red and black, I mean. I stumbled into the brown and red combo because the dress happened to be my current favorite when I got those boots and I didn't care how it ended up looking, I was going to wear them together. I was shocked when it totally worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! i love all of your outfits. I will be following your blog...

    ReplyDelete